AAFMAA Wealth Management & Trust LLC (AWM&T), a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA), offers investment management, financial planning, and trust services exclusively to members of the military community. AWM&T is growing fast and needs a smart, energetic professional to join our financial planning team.
• Reporting to the AWM&T Vice President of Financial Planning and working closely with the firm’s Relationship Managers, the Financial Planner prepares sound financial plans that help our members make wise financial decisions and meet their goals.
• An opportunity to join a smart team passionate about their mission, build a rewarding career at a rapidly growing young company, and make a positive impact on the lives of current and veteran military families.
• Competitive base salary plus bonus and comprehensive benefits.
Scope & Responsibilities:
• Analyze members’ financial situation
• Examine and suggest financial opportunities
• Develop sound financial plans for members
• Customize and update financial plans according to members’ changing needs
• Collaborate with the wealth management staff to help members implement their plans
• Build strong relationships to retain existing clients
• Maintain updated knowledge of regulations, practices, and financial products
Education & Skills Required:
• Proven experience as financial planner or similar role; experience in customer service a plus
• Ability to analyze financial information and comply with regulations
• Proficiency in eMoney or similar financial planning software
• Attention to detail and strong math skills
• Strong ethics, with a customer-first attitude
• Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to foster long-term relationships
• Bachelor’s degree
• CFP® certification
• Prior military experience as a servicemember or spouse desired
Internal Number: President
About AAFMAA Wealth Management & Trust LLC
Serving Military Families Since 1879.
AAFMAA has one, and only one, mission: to be the premier provider of insurance, financial and survivor services to the American Armed Forces Community. Since 1879, we have never once violated our members' trust nor shirked our responsibility.
AAFMAA -- the longest-standing, not-for-profit association exclusively serving the military community -- provides financial solutions to all branches of the American Armed Forces. No stockholders to answer to. No dividends to pay shareholders. No loyalty to anyone but you.
Focusing exclusively on your needs as a military family, AAFMAA Wealth Management & Trust LLC (AWM&T) provides the most innovative, personalized and lifestyle-appropriate financial services available.
All AWM&T employees are salaried and do not receive any compensation based on their recommendations or any of the investment products used. As a chartered trust company, we have a fiduciary responsibility to our clients.
AAFMAA's Vision: to ensure the financial security and independence of members of the American Armed Forces Community.
We are AAFMAA's Trust Company.
Our Mission: to be the premier provider of financial planning, investment management, and trust services to the American Armed Forces Community.